Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule (A1355)

My Time Capsule (A1355) stopped working after I unplugged it. When plugging it in, no light comes on. What can I do to fix?

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 4:40 AM

Even if you can rebuild or replace the power supply, you still have a 10+ year old hard drive on the Time Capsule that is frankly way overdue to fail.

If you need the data on the Time Capsule hard drive, you can pull it out and place it in a caddy or enclosure and copy all the data over to another newer hard drive.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2021 4:40 AM in response to DrewSFO

Even if you can rebuild or replace the power supply, you still have a 10+ year old hard drive on the Time Capsule that is frankly way overdue to fail.

If you need the data on the Time Capsule hard drive, you can pull it out and place it in a caddy or enclosure and copy all the data over to another newer hard drive.

Apr 12, 2021 10:41 PM in response to DrewSFO

The power supply is likely dead.. but it can be main board faulty as well.

You will find it difficult to find replacements now.. loads on eBay but they mostly are early ones.. the later models used a Delta supply instead of the rather less reliable Flextronics.

It is now 9-10 years old.. frankly it is time to replace.

But if you wish you can do some real DIY work and replace the power supply entirely with External 12v plus internal 12v to 5v DC-DC regulator.

https://sites.google.com/site/lapastenague/a-deconstruction-of-routers-and-modems/apple-time-capsule-repair/new-issue-with-a1355-gen-3-tc

There are other pages with references to how to rebuild the power supply.

Time Capsule (A1355)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.