Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone X overheating after ios 14

I am outraged as an iphone X i purchased in December has been overheating constantly after installing ios 14. I bought two of the same phone for my two kids and the one is perfectly fine whereas the second overheats after 30 minutes of continuous use. I took it to the apple store to investigate and was basically told to buy a new phone. Is there anyone here with some sort of solution. Something temporary? I am sick of apple forcing these updates that simply slow the phone down to force more consumer demand. What a great business agenda!

iPhone X

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 4:43 AM

Hello,

Have you seen this link? See below:

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

Good luck.

3 replies

Apr 15, 2021 6:23 AM in response to pbann9

I am done with apple i’m throwing this phone away and buying another android i am absolutely appalled at the customer service here. There has been NO help that has solved anything and the help i have been given has been the same exact thing i hate you so much apple and i will never be buying another apple product again. You track my data and sell it while slowing down my phone that was only released 2 years ago. These phones should not cost thousands of dollars and your corporate scheme is not trapping me again. Thank you for NOTHING

iphone X overheating after ios 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.