Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Overheating iPhone

I bought a brand new iPhone 14 plus last week and have been struggling with overheating too frequently. Previously I had an iPhone 11 and I did not struggle with this issue half as much- I was more understanding in this scenario as I had the 11 for 2 years. I am concerned about what to do going forward, given that I only purchased it recently.

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on May 4, 2023 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2023 8:49 AM

Sorry to hear that from you, there are few ways you can do to prevent your phone from overheating.

• Remove your phone case when its getting too hot, to help dissipate heat faster
  • Don't use your phone while charging as charging does heat up the phone too
  • Turn off "5G Only" in settings (you don't need 5G all the time and it does heat up your phone more compare to 4G while you're using it)
  • Try not to expose your phone in a hot environment

If it gets "too hot" while you're just doing normal tasks such as messaging and you've followed the ways stated above, you should probably reach out to Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2023 8:49 AM in response to queryqueen

Sorry to hear that from you, there are few ways you can do to prevent your phone from overheating.

• Remove your phone case when its getting too hot, to help dissipate heat faster
  • Don't use your phone while charging as charging does heat up the phone too
  • Turn off "5G Only" in settings (you don't need 5G all the time and it does heat up your phone more compare to 4G while you're using it)
  • Try not to expose your phone in a hot environment

If it gets "too hot" while you're just doing normal tasks such as messaging and you've followed the ways stated above, you should probably reach out to Apple.

Overheating iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.