Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iwatch not connecting or updating fix

so i bought previously owned iwatch and it cant connect to my iphone x even with all the latest updates..

when setting up it gives the option of updating and when i try to it doesnt work but goes straight to unpair with the phone

same even if i try to by pass the update to set it up

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 3:24 AM

The person that you bought this watch from needs to follow all the steps in this link;

Prepare the watch so the buyer can use it.

If they can't or won't then get your money back or recycle the watch and put it down to experience.

2 replies

Apr 15, 2021 3:31 AM in response to duke249

Go to your iPhone and delete the Apple Watch App, download it again. Setup your watch until you get to Start Pairing, Open your Watch App on your Phone and Start pairing, Pair your watch manually(Option at the bottom of Screen after selecting "Start Pairing"), the phone will scan the available devices and show your watch name, once selected, a code will display on your device and you will start pairing. Automatically the watch will Update Software. Good luck. i just did that now, 15 April 2021

iwatch not connecting or updating fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.