Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use a new Apple ID on my iPhone

My Apple ID is hacked and I've realised that Apple will not help me retrieve control over it even though I can prove that I'm in possession of the mail address which is the Apple ID name as well as the phone number that used to be the two factor authentication backup before the scammers replaced it.

It is amazing that Apple are not willing to help and by that protects the scammers and provide them being in control of my account and all personal data there.

However I've created a new Apple ID and my question is;

Can I logon with that and download all apps with the new account without having to restore the iPhone with factory settings and by that lose all contacts, images, videos etc. that are stored on the phone on apps that are not connected to a specific Apple ID?

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 9:24 AM

1. Go to Settings > your name > Sign Out and Sign Out of iCloud and Store.
  2. When asked, select to download and keep content on the iPhone.
  3. Delete all apps from the iPhone, but can keep Apples preinstalled apps. If you don’t you will not be able to update them in the future because it will require you to sign into the old Apple ID.
  4. Restart and if you can backup to a computer, too. https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/back-up-iphone-iph3ecf67d29/ios
  5. Back to Settings > Sign In and sign into the new Apple ID you already made.
  6. Now you will turn icloud features you want to use back on.
  7. Then you’ll go into the App Store to re-Get apps you had before.
  8. Backup again, you can do iCloud this time if you prefer.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2021 9:24 AM in response to claes80

1. Go to Settings > your name > Sign Out and Sign Out of iCloud and Store.
  2. When asked, select to download and keep content on the iPhone.
  3. Delete all apps from the iPhone, but can keep Apples preinstalled apps. If you don’t you will not be able to update them in the future because it will require you to sign into the old Apple ID.
  4. Restart and if you can backup to a computer, too. https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/back-up-iphone-iph3ecf67d29/ios
  5. Back to Settings > Sign In and sign into the new Apple ID you already made.
  6. Now you will turn icloud features you want to use back on.
  7. Then you’ll go into the App Store to re-Get apps you had before.
  8. Backup again, you can do iCloud this time if you prefer.

Use a new Apple ID on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.