Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad for 2

Hi, i have an iPad and i would like to create an account for another person. Is it possible on iPad....i mean that he would sign into iPad with his own password and have own personal user account for everything he needs like email etc... Thank you for your help :)

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 5:37 AM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2021 12:45 AM in response to Katja789

An iPad is a single-user device. 

Unlike other computers with which you may be familiar, that support multiple user profiles - other than “managed” educational environments, OS/iPadOS devices are not intended to be shared.

Be aware that if you sign-out of iCloud and other Apple services - and allow another user to sign-in - you’ll not be able to change back for 90-days.

So as to prevent account abuse, some critical Apple services will only allow one change of signed-in AppleID (on a device) in a 90-day period.

In conclusion, unless you fully understand and accept the implications, you would be well advised to reconsider any attempt to share your iPad with another user.

iPad for 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.