Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One of my Air Pods Pro works but won’t play sound

This morning when first putting my Air Pods Pro in, I noticed that the right one was not playing any sound. This has happened before if one of the Air Pods did not get charged properly or just didn’t connect right. I can usually fix this by putting the Air Pods Pro back in the case and checking the battery on both pods and reconnecting. I attempted this but it didn’t fix the problem. I then followed the Apple Support guide to fixing one Air Pod not playing sound, including forgetting the Air Pods Pro from my iPhone 8 Plus settings and resetting the pods. This still didn’t fix my problem.

My next step would be to bring them in for a repair but, the fact that the left Air Pod is functioning normally and the right one still works to a degree makes me believe there might be a solution. The right Air Pod Pro still works because it displays the battery level when in the case, the automatic ear detection still functions, and the pressure sensitive media control button still functions as well.

If anyone has a solution, it would be a great help.

Edit: On the same day I began fiddling with the Air Pods Pro settings more and after doing the ear tip fit test the right pod said to try a different ear tip or adjust. The pod did not play sound during the test though. After doing the ear tip fit test a couple more times with my finger over the tip rather than in my ear and then putting the pod back in my ear the music I was playing began workin on both sides again.

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 6:51 AM

If only one of your AirPods are working refer to the following link for support: If your left or right AirPod isn't working - Apple Support

1 reply

One of my Air Pods Pro works but won’t play sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.