Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my apple watch 6 use all its features when used with family setup?

I want to set up an apple watch 6 for my dad. He is blind and cannot use a smartphone. I want to use family setup to allow him to call and receive calls, have fall detection and the heart related features. Do all of these features work when the Apple watch in used with family setup? thanks

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 7

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 12:59 PM

No,here is what doesn't work;

The following features and apps are not available: irregular heart rhythm notifications, ECG, Cycle Tracking, Sleep, Blood Oxygen, Podcasts, Remote, News, Home and Shortcuts.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2021 12:59 PM in response to Happyarizonian

No,here is what doesn't work;

The following features and apps are not available: irregular heart rhythm notifications, ECG, Cycle Tracking, Sleep, Blood Oxygen, Podcasts, Remote, News, Home and Shortcuts.

Apr 13, 2021 2:28 PM in response to Community User

Thanks. My dad is 90 and blind, but wants an Apple Watch for the fall protection and heart data. He can’t use a smartphone because he is blind and cant turn the corner on receiving a call even with the accessibility features. I’m going to use family setup on my phone and thus loose the heart data his apple watch will produce. He’ll have a flip phone for making/receiving calls. This setup is what I’ve come up with given my dad’s limitations. I have an iPhone 6 that is blue/wifi only. No sim card. Can i pair dad’s Apple Watch to that phone and harvest the heart data while still on family setup? Thanks or any advise!

Can my apple watch 6 use all its features when used with family setup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.