Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left click unresponsive

This one is a head scratcher. Left click isn’t working on my 2017 iMac. What’s even more weird is that the same problem happened with my 2019 MacBook Pro and Apple support couldn’t figure it out so they sent it in for repair.

here’s the details. Everything was fine, I was in the middle of a zoom mtg today when I couldn’t click with the left click function. Right click on Magic Mouse works, as does right click in my super old wired USB Logitech mouse.

all of the restart, pram, security rooboting doesn’t do anything to solve the issue. I also can’t go into settings to alter those because once you’re in settings you have to left click to alter anything. Cant tab to move through items.

this has now happened on 2 computers in two weeks. One of which is a relatively newer and Apple support couldn’t fix and one is a middle aged iMac that’s not under Apple care any longer so I don’t want to burn a service charge before exploring all options and needing to bring it in.

anyone have any advice?!

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 1:26 PM

Please restart in Safe Mode per the instructions in Safe Mode Reset instructions, this may take up to 10 minutes. Then restart normally and test. If the problem persists lease do the following:

The following will require any USB keyboard and mouse. If you don’t have them, borrow or buy them, they are inexpensive!

·       

• Connect the USB keyboard and mouse to the computer.·        
  • Open System Preferences – Bluetooth·        
  • Un-pair the wireless keyboard and mouse.·        
  • Turn off Bluetooth·        
  • Restart the computer in Safe Mode per the directions in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262·        
  • Restart the computer normally.·        
  • Turn on Bluetooth·        
  • Re-Pair the wireless keyboard and mouse.·        
  • Unplug the USB keyboard and mouse and begin testing the wireless devices again.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2021 1:26 PM in response to happydude2325

Please restart in Safe Mode per the instructions in Safe Mode Reset instructions, this may take up to 10 minutes. Then restart normally and test. If the problem persists lease do the following:

The following will require any USB keyboard and mouse. If you don’t have them, borrow or buy them, they are inexpensive!

·       

• Connect the USB keyboard and mouse to the computer.·        
  • Un-pair the wireless keyboard and mouse.·        
  • Turn off Bluetooth·        
  • Restart the computer in Safe Mode per the directions in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262·        
  • Restart the computer normally.·        
  • Turn on Bluetooth·        
  • Re-Pair the wireless keyboard and mouse.·        
  • Unplug the USB keyboard and mouse and begin testing the wireless devices again.

Left click unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.