Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

My friend had gave me a iWatch series 4 as a goodbye gift. Unforuently when I go to sync the watch to my iPhone an unexpected curve ball came showcasing ACTIVATION LOCK. I am unable to contact the original owner of the watch so they can remove the watch from their iCloud. I am unsure as too how to proceed to sync up the watch to my phone. Is there a way to bypass the Activation lock or if apple support is capable of helping me at all with this hiccup of mine. Or am I just completely out of luck with this situation.

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 2:31 PM

Ashlynn3ly23 wrote:

My friend had gave me a iWatch series 4 as a goodbye gift. Unforuently when I go to sync the watch to my iPhone an unexpected curve ball came showcasing ACTIVATION LOCK. I am unable to contact the original owner of the watch so they can remove the watch from their iCloud. I am unsure as too how to proceed to sync up the watch to my phone. Is there a way to bypass the Activation lock or if apple support is capable of helping me at all with this hiccup of mine. Or am I just completely out of luck with this situation.

The phone is useless if you can't get a hold of the original owner.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2021 2:31 PM in response to Ashlynn3ly23

Ashlynn3ly23 wrote:

The phone is useless if you can't get a hold of the original owner.

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.