Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple have a USB-C -to- Lightning Audio Adapter?

I am trying to connect a urbeats3 (Model: MU992LL/A) to my MacBook Pro. I performed a chat with Apple - they could not find an adapter that goes: USB-C -to- Lightning

Here is what I found on Amazon: Anker USB-C to Lightning Audio Adapter. Would it work?

Screenshot of this Adapter:

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 12:01 PM

Got this adapter in the mail today! Works like a charm, and 100% as intended!

12 replies

Apr 13, 2021 8:21 PM in response to TheLittles

uhh.. maybe... the urbeats 3 with a lightning connector is for iOS devices , eg iphone and ipad. The urbeats with the 3.5 mm plug works with everything.. and can be used with your iPhone with a 3.5 mm plug to Lightning adapter.. but the lightning adapter you mentioned is probably for sync and charging.. it may work with audio.. i’d suggest buying one and trying it out.. well.. i’ll be doggoned .. looks like it should work just fine... huh... didn’t know such a thing was possible.....

It does mention you’ll have to do a one-time setup..

https://us.anker.com/collections/cables/products/usb-c-to-lightning-audio-adapter

john b

Apr 14, 2021 2:47 AM in response to Johnb-one

mdhurst Said:

"[...]maybe... the urbeats 3 with a lightning connector is for iOS devices , eg iphone and ipad. The urbeats with the 3.5 mm plug works with everything.. and can be used with your iPhone with a 3.5 mm plug to Lightning adapter.. but the lightning adapter you mentioned is probably for sync and charging[...]"

-------

OK? So, have you tried this adapter? These headsets do not charge. They do not have the 3.5mm AUX plug. They have lightning plugs. Thing is, I'd be using it on a MacBook Pro - not an iOS device, as mentioned.

Apr 15, 2021 10:54 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Grant Bennet-Alder Said:

"Have you looked hard at the Apple USB-C <-> Lightning cable?"

-------

Yes, I, looked in to that. It will not work - it needs to be the other way around, essentially. The headset only has lightning - so, the lighting end needs to be female.

17 of the 35 ratings that contain "macbook pro" have 5 stars. So it's almost half (when put in quotes) I plan to return it if of no success.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.