Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot update and pair a clean Apple Watch 3

Hi, I'm having trouble with pairing and updating my Apple Watch with IPX.

Some time ago, after a few months' break from use, I wanted to start using the Watch again.

When trying to install the update, I got a message that I have enough space for the update (watchos 7), so I restored the watch to the factory settings but the problem continued.

I read on the internet that such problems have already occurred and you should disconnect a pair of IPs with Watch and I did so.

Unfortunately, now when I try to pair, it pops up that I need to update first and each time it shows a message that either I do not have internet access (checking on different WIFIs) or when it clicks it pops up that I do not have space for an Apple Watch (and I have I was restoring it to factory settings and deleting the contents).

The phone has updatedoftware, Watch on the charger all the time.

I also made suggestions from the Internet, i.e. logging out of iCloud or hard reset the phone and watch.

PS. I checked on the second IP and it looks the same.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you in advance and best regards.

Screen in Polish but first says that cannot check updates, secound no storage for instal update.

https://ibb.co/p4Xmk55

https://ibb.co/n84kbsS

https://ibb.co/N9MmBCX

Apple Watch Sport

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 9:19 AM

Simply saying the iPhone is updated doesn't help much. What version of iOS is on the iPhone? What model iPhone do you have? Without knowing those, perhaps these articles will help:

If you see 'Unable to Verify Update' when updating Apple Watch - Apple Support

For songs, see the "Remove music from Apple Watch" section in:

Add music to Apple Watch - Apple Support

and for pictures, see the "Limit photo storage on Apple Watch section in:

Choose a photo album and manage storage on Apple Watch - Apple Support

To delete apps on your watch, see:

Delete apps from your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, try unpairing and pairing your watch again and restoring from the backup just created in the unpairing process. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system. This should result in no loss of data and in some cases can free a lot of storage.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see:

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 9:19 AM in response to Calvvi

Simply saying the iPhone is updated doesn't help much. What version of iOS is on the iPhone? What model iPhone do you have? Without knowing those, perhaps these articles will help:

If you see 'Unable to Verify Update' when updating Apple Watch - Apple Support

For songs, see the "Remove music from Apple Watch" section in:

Add music to Apple Watch - Apple Support

and for pictures, see the "Limit photo storage on Apple Watch section in:

Choose a photo album and manage storage on Apple Watch - Apple Support

To delete apps on your watch, see:

Delete apps from your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, try unpairing and pairing your watch again and restoring from the backup just created in the unpairing process. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system. This should result in no loss of data and in some cases can free a lot of storage.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see:

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Cannot update and pair a clean Apple Watch 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.