Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to update watch

i have the apple watch series 3. since watchOS 5.1, i’ve had trouble updating my watch. making the update from 5.1.2 took close to 3 weeks and an attempt at least once a day. every time i tried to update, it failed and gave me a prompt saying that it was unable to verify, or that i wasn’t connected to wifi (when i was, other apps ran fine off the wifi connection). turned the watch off and on countless times. same with my phone with no effect. tried unpairing and repairing the watch. nothing. tried restoring both phone and watch to previous backups, still didn’t work. went under general>usage>storage and deleted the faulty update file. then i started back from the top. continued doing that for weeks, stuck at 5.1, until i somehow got the 5.1.2 update to go through. then a few months later 5.2 was released and i ran into the same problem. tried the same fixes. restoring both devices. turning off and on. unpairing and repairing. signing out of apple id entirely and signing back in again. hard resets. restoring to previous versions. this has been going on for months now. every time i attempt a download, it tells me it was either unable to verify the update or that i need to be connected to wifi. it’s nothing to do with my wifi connection because i’ve moved halfway across the country since the problem has started, and it’s still persisting. i think i’ve missed two updates, i’m still on 5.1.2 and i believe 5.3 just got released. i don’t know what else to do to resolve this. anyone got any ideas?

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 11:52 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

unable to update watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.