Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was told when I bought this iPad Pro I’d have a pdf writer?

When I was sold this iPad Pro 11inch version by Apple the rep told me to there was a PDF writer , where ? Is it a separate app?

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 8:36 AM

8 replies

Apr 26, 2021 6:46 AM in response to TKR_D1618

TKR_D1618 wrote:

I've been using the PDF Expert for 6 months or so and do love the abilities but do not like the lack of instructional videos or user manuals etc to be able to understand it a little better.. You find any good links on explanations of use and how to's?

In all honesty, I've never really found the need for any how-tos. It seems pretty straightforward to me.

Apr 27, 2021 5:14 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

It is for the most part.. One particular I didnt realize was that if you added or erased words from an original PDF it was easy and straightforward.. However if you per say printed that PDF for whatever reason and then needed to scan it back into the computer for further changes it would not act like it did previously ..(put the mouse over the text on editing and it would automatically box and then detect font size and style when you typed/replaced something it would look like the rest.) but now it doesn't detect and box.. you have to use annotate and figure everything out on your own (i.e. size, font, style etc)and line it up to match the rest of the sentence.. Unless I am doing something dumb.. (possible)

Apr 28, 2021 6:16 AM in response to TKR_D1618

There are, for purposes of this discussion, two different kinds of pdfs. One is a document that was converted from say, a Word or Pages document. Those can generally be edited by a pdf editor. The other is one that is created by scanning (or taking a picture of it) in a document. That is essentially a picture that has been converted to a pdf. The text in those documents it not editable. That would be true if you were on a computer as well.

You can sometimes manage to put a text box over top of the words you want to change and type in new words. But, it's always going to look like the digital version of whiteout.

I was told when I bought this iPad Pro I’d have a pdf writer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.