Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I open up photos and click on one to enlarge it shows up for a split second and then a large grey triangle with an exclamation mark immediately shows up. How can I enlarge these photos without this happening?

when I open up photos and click on one to enlarge it shows up for a split second and then a large grey triangle with an exclamation mark immediately shows up. How can I enlarge these photos without this happening?

iMac 27″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 2:56 PM

The most likely cause is that the underlying file is no longer available or the library has become corrupted and the link to the photo in the library package is lost.

Presumably you are not able to edit the photo either?

12 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.