Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my photos deleting after I edit them?

I edit a photo- click done and it disappears. All that shows is a white box. When I click on the photo it stays a white box until I click edit again. But it still continues to show a white box instead of the photo.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 3:52 PM

Hi - are you editing raw images by any chance? I have this problem editing some raw formats. In any case the workaround for me is to first edit the image (simplest possible edit, even auto enhance from the thumbnail view works) then revert to original, and after that editing that image seems to generate a thumbnail instead of a grey rectangle.

What I do after importing raw files is select them all, hit CMD-E to auto enhance them all, then revert them all back to orignal, and then they seem to work OK.

Probably worth trying even if you are not editing raw.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2020 3:52 PM in response to Kkanto42

Hi - are you editing raw images by any chance? I have this problem editing some raw formats. In any case the workaround for me is to first edit the image (simplest possible edit, even auto enhance from the thumbnail view works) then revert to original, and after that editing that image seems to generate a thumbnail instead of a grey rectangle.

What I do after importing raw files is select them all, hit CMD-E to auto enhance them all, then revert them all back to orignal, and then they seem to work OK.

Probably worth trying even if you are not editing raw.

Why are my photos deleting after I edit them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.