Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't my captureone canon printer fail to work with bigger

My capture one scanner worked on my Mac, but after an update to Big Sur it no longer works, is there a compatibility problem?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 11:59 AM

Canon's CaptureOnTouch software is bundled with ImageFormula and other select Canon scanners, and depending on the scanner model, can be compatible with Windows and Mac. Canon does not expand on what macOS compatibility is supported though. Because the CaptureOnTouch is bundled with the scanner, Canon does not apparently expose an software update page for it on their site for any given scanner that uses it. Canon does provide a TWAIN driver for some models, and for instance, with the ImageFormula DR-C225 document scanner, there is a TWAIN driver dated April 14, 2021 that the CaptureOnTouch will use.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 11:59 AM in response to Bigbonell@aol

Canon's CaptureOnTouch software is bundled with ImageFormula and other select Canon scanners, and depending on the scanner model, can be compatible with Windows and Mac. Canon does not expand on what macOS compatibility is supported though. Because the CaptureOnTouch is bundled with the scanner, Canon does not apparently expose an software update page for it on their site for any given scanner that uses it. Canon does provide a TWAIN driver for some models, and for instance, with the ImageFormula DR-C225 document scanner, there is a TWAIN driver dated April 14, 2021 that the CaptureOnTouch will use.

Apr 14, 2021 11:30 AM in response to Bigbonell@aol

Possibly, what app are using for your scanning app?

Most experienced users on these forums recommend using Image Capture which is pre-installed on your computer and NOT using the manufactures software which is extremely problematic. If you need help finding Image Capture please use Spotlight (the magnifying glass symbol in the upper right of the display) and type Image Capture and it will launch the app.

Why doesn't my captureone canon printer fail to work with bigger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.