Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID possibly being used

Hello I was sent an email by what looked to be a legit apple email account. I put in information about my account and I’m wondered if I need to secure my account.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 8:00 PM

Yes, change your AppleID password immediately. That email was a phishing scam.

Apple knows who you are and will address you by name, not by your email. They also have no way of knowing that a device using your AppleID is unauthorized to do so.

If there even really is a device using it (and I highly doubt there was - that’s just part of the scam to scare you into responding) the processes Apple have put in place would indicate to them you authorized it to do so.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 8:00 PM in response to Matt2408

Yes, change your AppleID password immediately. That email was a phishing scam.

Apple knows who you are and will address you by name, not by your email. They also have no way of knowing that a device using your AppleID is unauthorized to do so.

If there even really is a device using it (and I highly doubt there was - that’s just part of the scam to scare you into responding) the processes Apple have put in place would indicate to them you authorized it to do so.

Apple ID possibly being used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.