Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I do if I accidentally erased internal volume Macintosh HD?

Wiping a 2015 Macbook Air for resale. Missed the note about not erasing the internal volume Macintosh HD. Now when I try to reinstall the OS, there's no drive to select :facepalm:

Help?

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 3:54 AM

How to reinstall macOS

• If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.

3 replies

Apr 15, 2021 9:28 AM in response to setherton

Shutdown and disconnect all external drives. Move as close the Router as possible. Have in hand the Password for the wifi Router. Now, plug into charger. Restart the computer and Immediately hold the three key - Command + Option + r -. This is called Internal Recovery Mode. Watch closely for Wifi Icon to appear and click it. You will have to Input the Wifi Password. Once the connection is established an Apple Globe will appear and load slowly. Depending on the Speed of your connection and Apple Servers - this can take some time to Fully Load. Once it does - it will present much like in internal Recovery Mode. Choose Install macOS and it will download and install macOS.

What do I do if I accidentally erased internal volume Macintosh HD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.