Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to suggest a response to be starred as the “Solved” answer to a question?

Hello,

I first came here to find an answer to an issue for which I found 2 potential solutions. In the particular discussion, one of them has been starred as “Solved”. However, it is actually not the best solution and the other one actually works. Many other users who came looking for help with this topic also seem to prefer the second solution.

Is there a way to change this so the other solution is starred instead, or at the very least, in addition?

Thank you!

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 8:39 AM

It is up to the original poster to select the post that best solves his/her issue. It does not matter which response you think is a better solution. You can post a follow-up response stating that you prefer another post as the solution.

7 replies

May 5, 2021 11:07 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Hi Kurt,

Yes, I am finding that I will read through all the comments in a forum (and more than one forum on the topic) to at least get a more comprehensive picture of the issue. Especially because I see that a lot of problem solving is done trying this or that until one sticks! 😄

Thanks for the experienced perspective!

May 5, 2021 11:56 AM in response to babowa

Yes, I see that too. I would imagine that many questions are posed by those like me who are new to this and spend time here looking for specific help when the need arises. I also find that there are many forums about the same issue, which leads me to think that a new discussion was started because the others didn’t provide the answer or it’s hard to find one in the many forums!

May 5, 2021 12:19 PM in response to ATHahn

And I forgot to mention: the search function here is not the best either....... There could be double postings because people either don't know if it's hardware or software related, so one posts in the Mac OS forum while someone else posts in the iMac forum. Although we do ask the hosts to move it if it is obvious. But, there are more than 3 million users here, so there are too many new posts to get a grasp.

Is there a way to suggest a response to be starred as the “Solved” answer to a question?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.