Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preventing responses being marked as if they solve the issue when they don't

Here's what Apple says about responding to posts proposing answers to questions.

But when I've looked at responses, I don't see the "This solved my question" box highlighted above. More annoyingly, after I've replied, noting that the proposed solution doesn't help, it seems that my original post gets marked as "solved".

Anyone experience the same or am I missing something?

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 10:21 AM

5 replies

Aug 7, 2022 10:41 AM in response to Greensphere

BobThe Fisherman, thanks for responding.

Maybe I see what my problem has been -- I've been using the "Reply" button beneath a proposed solution. The boxes there -- "Helpful" & "This solved my problem" -- look like they have a drop down & multiple options, but they do not.

This time I am replying to my original post, not using the "Reply" button under your comments.

Aug 7, 2022 4:01 PM in response to babowa

Thank you for that comment, babowa. Maybe I've been on autopilot, clicking a button because it looks like that will open a dropdown with different response options to select.

So this time I used the "Reply" button below your comment ...... I'm reasonably sure I didn't hit either the "Helpful" or "Best Answer" button. So hopefully I'll see that my question continues to appear "unsolved".

Preventing responses being marked as if they solve the issue when they don't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.