Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AOL issues with Iphone mail

Greetings,

I seem to be having the same issues as many others with the recent inability to receive mail on my iphone or ipad with the AOL app. It continues to say that I am using the incorrect password even after I went through the steps, logged in through the computer, and changed the password it generated. I was receiving emails until this morning then it stopped. Is there any way to keep from having to go in and change this repeatedly? Thank you to any and all replies.

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 9:30 AM

jamezls wrote:

Greetings,
I seem to be having the same issues as many others with the recent inability to receive mail on my iphone or ipad with the AOL app. It continues to say that I am using the incorrect password even after I went through the steps, logged in through the computer, and changed the password it generated. I was receiving emails until this morning then it stopped. Is there any way to keep from having to go in and change this repeatedly? Thank you to any and all replies.

I don't know why AOL doesn't inform it's user that they now require an app specific password to use their mail account. Contact AOL or look at their support site.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2021 9:30 AM in response to jamezls

jamezls wrote:

Greetings,

I don't know why AOL doesn't inform it's user that they now require an app specific password to use their mail account. Contact AOL or look at their support site.

AOL issues with Iphone mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.