Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Left side speaker is giving crackling sound.

I own a MacBook pro 13, bought in 2015. Its working fine till now. The only problem I am facing is the left speaker of MacBook produces a crackling sound. Please help me to resolve the issue. I tried to restart in safe boot. But nothing has improved.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 7:11 PM

Most likely that speaker has gone bad and needs to be replaced. Have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you a repair estimate.

In the mean time you can use the "Balance" slider to use the right speaker instead so you don't get the distorted audio. You can find this within the Sound System Preferences pane under the "Output" tab.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2021 7:11 PM in response to mealokshukla

Most likely that speaker has gone bad and needs to be replaced. Have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you a repair estimate.

In the mean time you can use the "Balance" slider to use the right speaker instead so you don't get the distorted audio. You can find this within the Sound System Preferences pane under the "Output" tab.

Macbook Pro Left side speaker is giving crackling sound.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.