Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Mail" interrupted shutdown, I can’t quit mail? What’s happened?

I’ve just tried to log out and shut down my Mac Book Pro M1. In both cases the message is “quit” mail to log out or shut down. Quit won’t close the mail, so I can’t log out or shut down. What do I do?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 11:54 AM

peninlondon wrote:

I’ve just tried to log out and shut down my Mac Book Pro M1. In both cases the message is “quit” mail to log out or shut down. Quit won’t close the mail, so I can’t log out or shut down. What do I do?

You can force quit Mail from >Force Quit>Mail

If no resolve you can always force the Mac to shut down by holding the power button/TouchID for ~6-10 sec.

Reboot as normal.

ref: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac - Apple ...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2021 11:54 AM in response to peninlondon

peninlondon wrote:

You can force quit Mail from >Force Quit>Mail

If no resolve you can always force the Mac to shut down by holding the power button/TouchID for ~6-10 sec.

Reboot as normal.

ref: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac - Apple ...

"Mail" interrupted shutdown, I can’t quit mail? What’s happened?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.