Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In the “Note” App. How can I manually rearrange items in a list.

How can I manually rearrange items in a list.

Example: I have created a list of things I need to do. I want to place the items in this list in order of the way I want to accomplish.

I have a checklist. Can I manually move each item in the checklist or do I do a cut n paste? I can place my finger on an item in the checklist and move it around the list but when I place it where I want to drop it, it returns to its original location in my list.

I know I can move a list from one location to another folder using the above technique but not within a list itself.

Can this be done?

Andy

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 12:18 PM

Yes, it can. I always do it for my groceries list. I enter the items I need and then reorder them to optimize my time in the store. Once an item is entered, just tap and hold it, and move it up the list at the location/order you desire.

Now, reordering the last item in the list is not possible in my experience : trying to move it always fails, at least in iOS 14.2. The solution is to move the other items down the list until the "last item" takes its rightful place.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2021 12:18 PM in response to andyhutch1947

Yes, it can. I always do it for my groceries list. I enter the items I need and then reorder them to optimize my time in the store. Once an item is entered, just tap and hold it, and move it up the list at the location/order you desire.

Now, reordering the last item in the list is not possible in my experience : trying to move it always fails, at least in iOS 14.2. The solution is to move the other items down the list until the "last item" takes its rightful place.

In the “Note” App. How can I manually rearrange items in a list.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.