You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri gives wrong date for Mother’s Day

Siri says Mother’s Day is on March 27th 2022. I am in the US and it should be May 9th, 2021. A quick google search shows this has been happening since 2017 apparently. Anyone else get this?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 1:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 10:42 AM

Hi Cyclejim,

Thanks for following up. It sounds like Siri when set to the 'English UK' language, it results in a different Mother's Day date when compared to the 'English US' language. Which is correct. Mother's Day in the UK would be next year, since it has already past (March 14th, 2021) in that region. We'd recommend changing your Siri language to the 'English US' option, if that's where you're located for the best Siri results.

Hoping that helps out, cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 17, 2021 10:42 AM in response to cyclejim

Hi Cyclejim,

Thanks for following up. It sounds like Siri when set to the 'English UK' language, it results in a different Mother's Day date when compared to the 'English US' language. Which is correct. Mother's Day in the UK would be next year, since it has already past (March 14th, 2021) in that region. We'd recommend changing your Siri language to the 'English US' option, if that's where you're located for the best Siri results.

Hoping that helps out, cheers.

Apr 16, 2021 11:06 AM in response to cyclejim

Hello Cyclejim,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, Siri is providing you with the incorrect date for Mother's Day. We'll do our best to assist with this.

To determine if this happened on our devices, we tested this out by asking Siri, "When is Mother's Day?" Siri responded with, "Mother's Day is on Sunday, May 9th, 2021." Which is currently correct. Are you asking something different or for the date in 2022?

There doesn't appear to be any current outages for Siri: System Status

Check the Time & Date on your iPhone in Settings > General > Time & Date to be sure it's set properly for your location. You'll want to do the same thing for Settings > General > Language & Region to confirm your location is correct (for the US).

Also, check that the language is set to 'English (United States)' in Settings > Siri & Search > Language.

If you're asking for a specific year or in another manner, please reply letting us know more for further help.

Wishing you the best, take care!

Apr 16, 2021 12:18 PM in response to destiny241

Hi and thanks for the reply. I simply asked hey Siri , when is Mother’s Day, and I get the same response , March 27th, 2022. I verified my date and time and region are all set correctly under general settings.

However I realized that in Siri settings, setting the language to English (United Kingdom) seems to cause the issue. Setting the Siri language setting back to English United States fixes the issue. Regardless if your general region and language settings are correct, setting it differently in Siri settings causes the issue to happen.

Siri gives wrong date for Mother’s Day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.