You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mothers Day stating March 19 2023 even though I am set for English U.S. and Date & Time is "Set Automatically"

I'm trying to get used to this latest iOS 15.4.1 "upgrade" ....figuring these are all just new setup relearns for me but this latest situation has prompted me to reach out. I asked Siri when Mothers' Day is; it is giving me the U.K. date (I assume) for March 19, 2023. As noted above, iPhone Language is set for "English (US)" and Date & Time is "Set Automatically"...then I changed it to "Detroit, U.S.A" (which is close enough to Cleveland, OH) to see if that would help...it didn't. Somehow it changed it to New York (US)...which should work, too, but it's telling me Mothers' Day in the UK. Any insight would be appreciated.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any way to correct it? I'd like to trust Siri a little more than I do....

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 9:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 8:23 AM

I had Siri do this to me today when I asked her too. Then I thought maybe it is because I have Siri in a different accent not an American accent, so I went to settings to change to American voice for Siri and asked Siri again the day for Mother’s Day and she had it correct.

you wouldn’t think that it would change based on the accent just the phone users location but who knows!!??

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 29, 2022 8:23 AM in response to kelmic68

I had Siri do this to me today when I asked her too. Then I thought maybe it is because I have Siri in a different accent not an American accent, so I went to settings to change to American voice for Siri and asked Siri again the day for Mother’s Day and she had it correct.

you wouldn’t think that it would change based on the accent just the phone users location but who knows!!??

Apr 25, 2022 10:01 AM in response to kelmic68

Hello, kelmic68.

We'd be happy to look into this further with you. Mother's Day 2023 in the United Kingdom is Sunday, March 19. So, you're correct about that. Does this occur if you ask for the specific dates and years and specify the countries? Or is that the answer from just asking "Siri, when is Mother's Day?" Do the dates on your physical Calendars reflect incorrect information as well? Please make sure your iPhone is recently restarted (Restart your iPhone) also.

Let us know if this information and we can continue. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Apr 25, 2022 10:56 AM in response to Gena_D

Hi Gena…thanks for your assistance. Per your advice, I first checked Calendar. Mother’s Day is noted as Sunday, May 8, 2022 there. I restarted the phone, checked the Calendar (still correct with May 8), asked Siri again, and it still says March 19, 2023. I first asked “Hey Siri, when is Mother’s Day?” and also “When is Mothers’ Day in the United States?” Response for both is “Mother’s Day is on Sunday, March 19, 2023.”

I am ready for Step 2 😉….thanks!

Kellie

May 1, 2022 11:29 AM in response to reta258

Thank you for sharing this. Honestly I know just enough about technology to get myself in trouble, but today, mulling over what I’ve done so far and what you wrote above and what I’ve read in other searches so far…some things dawned on me so I experimented.

I remembered I have Siri on my iPad as well. I asked Siri on my iPad (instead of my iPhone) when Mother’s Day is and Siri answered me in an English accent, March 19, 2023 (I want to hear May 8 2022; I am in USA)… so since I have many of my apps on iPad mimic my iPhone, I tried making some changes there like I did (as noted above). My changes didn’t change anything. 😑 So I called my 14-year-old daughter in and she asked Siri when Mother’s Day was on her own phone. We share the same Apple ID over all our devices, by the way.

Her iPhone, (Siri, in an English accent, by the way) told her May 8, 2022 – which is correct in the United States. So I handed over my iphone to her to have her see if she could fix it. She did!

So, if I got this right, I was changing “Siri and search”, “Language” instead of "iPhone language" under “Language and Region”… or vice versa because honestly, I’ve tried so many different things by now I’m not sure what combo it is, what fixed it… But if you’re having this difficulty, try both areas! Or ask a 14-year-old to fix it for you! At any event, it is fixed now. Apparently it is possible somehow to have a Calendar/Siri information in one area of the world but a different Siri voice. Hope all this info speaks to someone and they can read through and interpret what I’m writing here! For what it’s worth I’m on an iPhone 11. iOS 15.4.1… thanks reta258 and Gena_D!

Mothers Day stating March 19 2023 even though I am set for English U.S. and Date & Time is "Set Automatically"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.