Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can we still use IPOD Shuffle's?

I have been trying to transfer music to my IPOD Shuffle. Used to use it for swimming but haven't used it much in the last 2 years. Now I can't seem to use it at all? Any suggestions? Is there any program out there to transfer music too that doesn't cost too much? Or do I need one at all?

Thanks

Joel

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 2:50 PM

On Big Sur, as mentioned above you need to use the Finder, not the Music App.

Open Finder, and the Shuffle should appear as a device on the left side pane. Click on it, and a familiar iTunes interface will appear where you can sync content to the iPod shuffle.

See here for specifics: link-> Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2021 2:50 PM in response to bacchus1310

On Big Sur, as mentioned above you need to use the Finder, not the Music App.

Open Finder, and the Shuffle should appear as a device on the left side pane. Click on it, and a familiar iTunes interface will appear where you can sync content to the iPod shuffle.

See here for specifics: link-> Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Apr 16, 2021 9:35 AM in response to bacchus1310

Why not? As I said syncing has not changed. All music included in your library on your PC that does not come from the Apple Music subscription service should be transferrable to the iPod shuffle.

I can sync my music to an iPod Classic from 2005 just fine still. Apple has not changed anything.

If you explain what the error was or what happened when you tried to sync maybe we can help you resolve it.

Can we still use IPOD Shuffle's?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.