Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try signing in with my Apple ID, I enter the correct password and hit sign-in, then all I get is a pinwheel

I recently noticed that I could not update or download new apps onto my device. I realized that I had 2 different Apple ID accounts on there simultaneously, so I signed out. Then I went back and attempted to go back on with the right account. I typed in the correct email and the correct password, but to no avail. When I hit “sign in” a pinwheel popped up next to where I typed in my email. Promising, I thought, but alas I thought that for the next 10 minutes waiting for something to happen. I tried several different passwords and determined that I was using the correct one because if I type in the wrong one, it will show a message saying “user authentication failed” or something to that effect. Help?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 5:49 PM

Some things you can try. Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch         

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device.      

1 reply

When I try signing in with my Apple ID, I enter the correct password and hit sign-in, then all I get is a pinwheel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.