Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't remove bluetooth device from Macbook Pro

I can't remove a set of bluetooth headphones from my MacBok Pro 2019 (running Big Sur). When I open bluetooth preferences and click the (x) next to the headphones, it tries to connect to them and then gives me an error message and makes me chose to either connect again or click options, which prompts me to enter the passcode (which doesn't work).

I tried clicking the bluetooth bar while holding options, which gives me more information about each of the devices, but doesn't give me a remove option.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 8:08 AM

hpayne7 wrote:

I can't remove a set of bluetooth headphones from my MacBok Pro 2019 (running Big Sur). When I open bluetooth preferences and click the (x) next to the headphones, it tries to connect to them and then gives me an error message and makes me chose to either connect again or click options, which prompts me to enter the passcode (which doesn't work).

I tried clicking the bluetooth bar while holding options, which gives me more information about each of the devices, but doesn't give me a remove option.

Hold the Shift Option keys and click open the BT icon in the upper right menu bar—

here you have all options, including reset

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2021 8:08 AM in response to hpayne7

hpayne7 wrote:

Hold the Shift Option keys and click open the BT icon in the upper right menu bar—

here you have all options, including reset

Can't remove bluetooth device from Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.