Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I left my ipad on a United Airlines plane and they are asking me for the serial nunmber but I don't have it

how do I find the serial number on a lost ipad

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 7:51 AM

Westpac62 wrote:

the lost and found atUnited Airlines is asking for the serial number of my ipad but I don't have it ,how can I get the serial number,thanks

If you have another device that is signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID, such as an iPhone, you can retrieve the serial number of all your signed-in devices directly from Settings:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] >

Scroll downwards to see your device list - where you will find an entry for your iPad. Tap on the entry to reveal the device details, including the serial number.

Alternatively, you can access the same information using a web browser. Simply sign-in to iCloud. After you have signed-in, tap your name at the top-right of the screen - and then tap Account Settings. Here you will find your device list - and for each device your can find the last 5 characters of your serial number (for security reasons, the full serial number is not visible).

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2021 7:51 AM in response to Westpac62

Westpac62 wrote:

the lost and found atUnited Airlines is asking for the serial number of my ipad but I don't have it ,how can I get the serial number,thanks

If you have another device that is signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID, such as an iPhone, you can retrieve the serial number of all your signed-in devices directly from Settings:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] >

Scroll downwards to see your device list - where you will find an entry for your iPad. Tap on the entry to reveal the device details, including the serial number.

Alternatively, you can access the same information using a web browser. Simply sign-in to iCloud. After you have signed-in, tap your name at the top-right of the screen - and then tap Account Settings. Here you will find your device list - and for each device your can find the last 5 characters of your serial number (for security reasons, the full serial number is not visible).

I left my ipad on a United Airlines plane and they are asking me for the serial nunmber but I don't have it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.