Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard with iPad?

Maybe a weird question....I use my iPad Air all through my workday as my work-from-home computer. I use it with a cheapie Bluetooth keyboard case (plus a Lightning-to-VGA adapter and a monitor!).

I have an ancient A1255 Magic Keyboard that pairs just fine with our Macs, but the iPad doesn't see it when I bring up Bluetooth in Settings. I think the Macs have some kind of driver that hooks up with the keyboard.

Any way to get this working with the iPad? It would be nice to have a better keyboard....

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 10:52 AM

Thanks for the great question, ckuttner!

It sounds like you're using a Magic Keyboard that has no issue pairing with your Mac, but isn't being recognized by your iPad. We can help.

First, keep in mind that "If Magic Keyboard is already paired with another device, you must unpair them before you can connect Magic Keyboard to your iPad." You can check out Pair Magic Keyboard with iPad for more details and steps to assist you with pairing the keyboard to your iPad.

Give that a try, and see if there is any improvement.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2021 10:52 AM in response to ckuttner

Thanks for the great question, ckuttner!

It sounds like you're using a Magic Keyboard that has no issue pairing with your Mac, but isn't being recognized by your iPad. We can help.

First, keep in mind that "If Magic Keyboard is already paired with another device, you must unpair them before you can connect Magic Keyboard to your iPad." You can check out Pair Magic Keyboard with iPad for more details and steps to assist you with pairing the keyboard to your iPad.

Give that a try, and see if there is any improvement.

Take care!

Magic Keyboard with iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.