Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotspot on iponeXS

My hotspot is always off but I still see cellular usage of 80 MB. Why is this?

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 9:00 AM

Cellular data usage is not just limited to HotSpot connections. Whenever your iPhone is not connected to a Wi-Fi Network or when there are gaps in your Wi-Fi connection then your iPhone connects to your cellular network. That 80MB can be a result of your iPhone connecting to your cellular network and using that connection for various operations.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2021 9:00 AM in response to ADel2018

Cellular data usage is not just limited to HotSpot connections. Whenever your iPhone is not connected to a Wi-Fi Network or when there are gaps in your Wi-Fi connection then your iPhone connects to your cellular network. That 80MB can be a result of your iPhone connecting to your cellular network and using that connection for various operations.

Axel F.

Apr 17, 2021 6:31 PM in response to Axel Foley

If you go to settings/cellular/cellular data you will see a list of all apps and how much cellular data they use. On the list is Personal Hotspot (it's one of many). Under this, specifically for Hot Spot, I see 70MB of data used.

Since each app shows how much cellular data is used, individually, I am wondering why (when Hot Spot is ALWAYS switched off) there is cellular usage for this.

Hotspot on iponeXS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.