Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pencil stopped working in two different apps

I have been using my apple pencil successfully for two years. All of a sudden it stopped working in two drawing apps. First one and then several weeks later the second one. The pencil works everywhere else. I have done the hard reset, I have unpaired and repaired the pencil, I have the most up-to-date software and it still does not work. Any ideas? I use the iPad to draw every single day. (Or, I used to.)

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 5:07 PM

Some glass screen protectors are too thick and can interfere with the registration of touch AND registration of the Pencil by being too far away from actual iPad screen and underlying digitiser screen layer that is needed to register the presence of the Pencil.

Not sure if this IS the issue, or not, but removing a screen protector eliminates a possible offending variable.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2021 5:07 PM in response to R_R96

Some glass screen protectors are too thick and can interfere with the registration of touch AND registration of the Pencil by being too far away from actual iPad screen and underlying digitiser screen layer that is needed to register the presence of the Pencil.

Not sure if this IS the issue, or not, but removing a screen protector eliminates a possible offending variable.

Apr 17, 2021 2:58 PM in response to R_R96

The two drawing apps are Procreate and Pigment. Regarding the battery, it's fine. The charge lasts as long as it ever has.

What is weird is that just some of the brushes don't work. I've spoken to both app companies they give me instructions to try but they don't work. They blame if on the pencil itself.

Apple pencil stopped working in two different apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.