Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get a recently added ePub to synch to my iPad

I created a short book in Pages, exported it to ePub format, and successfully added it to my Books library. If I go into Books, I can see the new addition, open and read it.

However, after I do a synch with my iPad, the new book is -not- on the iPad. My synch settings are to synch everything in my library over to the iPad.

How do I get the new book to properly be added to my iPad?

iPad Mini 5, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 5:12 PM

There is a work-around. The problem *may* be due to having Catalina on my 2012 iMac and trying to synch to an up to date iPad 5th gen. Here's the trick:

Go into Pages on the computer, and save the book pages file to your iCloud drive

On the iPad, open Pages and find the file and open it.

Export the file as an ePub from the iPad Pages app and share it with your Books library.

You can then see the book on the iPad using the Books app.

Convoluted? Yes, but it worked.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2021 5:12 PM in response to Mikael

There is a work-around. The problem *may* be due to having Catalina on my 2012 iMac and trying to synch to an up to date iPad 5th gen. Here's the trick:

Go into Pages on the computer, and save the book pages file to your iCloud drive

On the iPad, open Pages and find the file and open it.

Export the file as an ePub from the iPad Pages app and share it with your Books library.

You can then see the book on the iPad using the Books app.

Convoluted? Yes, but it worked.

Can't get a recently added ePub to synch to my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.