Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Logins Not Working

I just upgraded to an iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 14.4.2 and have not been able to log into Mail or any app that uses a Google login.

When I try to enter my login credentials for Mail, it takes me to a Google login page in Safari and then one of the following things happens: (i) the page hangs when I enter my username and hit "next"; (ii) the page returns an error message that says "400. That's an error. The server cannot process the request because it is malformed. It should not be retried. That's all we know."

When I try to log into another Google-based app (e.g., Google Photos), it takes me to a slightly different Google login page at accounts.google.com. When I enter my username, I receive an error that says "Couldn't sign you in. The browser you're using doesn't support JavaScript, or has JavaScript turned off. "

I have searched these forums for a solution, but the only solutions I've found to similar problems suggest turning off requestIdelCallback in Safari's Experimental Webkit Features. It is already and always has been turned off on my phone.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 4:46 PM

Hi there, JEL1981! Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are running into some issues with your Google login. We definitely understand that not being able to log in to your mail, and other apps, can be a concern and we'd love to help. While we may need to refer you to Google for this issue, we do want to have you check a few things first. 

Please confirm:

• Are you able to load other non-Google mail accounts into your Mail app, like Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail or iCloud? (Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch)
  • If you go to the Gmail.com page through Safari, are you able to log in there?
  • Does this occur on multiple networks? Test on both Wi-Fi and cellular to see if there is a difference.
  • Have you restarted your iPhone? (Restart your iPhone)

Please let us know more about this issue and we’ll do our best to help out. Have a great day!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2021 4:46 PM in response to JEL1981

Hi there, JEL1981! Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are running into some issues with your Google login. We definitely understand that not being able to log in to your mail, and other apps, can be a concern and we'd love to help. While we may need to refer you to Google for this issue, we do want to have you check a few things first. 

Please confirm:

• Are you able to load other non-Google mail accounts into your Mail app, like Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail or iCloud? (Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch)
  • If you go to the Gmail.com page through Safari, are you able to log in there?
  • Does this occur on multiple networks? Test on both Wi-Fi and cellular to see if there is a difference.
  • Have you restarted your iPhone? (Restart your iPhone)

Please let us know more about this issue and we’ll do our best to help out. Have a great day!

Apr 17, 2021 6:03 PM in response to KMB_12

I don't have another email account that I can load into the main Mail app, so I haven't tried that.

I am able to access Gmail through Chrome, but not in Safari. When I try to access it through Safari, it says that "the browser you're using doesn't support JavaScript."

This occurs on my wifi, on LTE, and on a nearby public wifi.

I have tried restarting the phone several times, but it has not helped.

Google Logins Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.