Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 how to set an icon for a specific website?

I want to set an icon for a "slowly spoken italian" website on my iphone11, but following the advice when googling on my iphone, it doesn't appear to work.

The advice is: Open Safari and go to the website.

Open "share" icon at bottom of page.

Select "save to home screen" .

If there is an option to "save to home screen", I cannot find it.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 16, 2021 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 7:44 PM

Hi there, Bob593251! Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are looking to save a website on your iPhone home page. We definitely understand that would handy for a frequently visited site and we'd love to help. The instructions you are following sound correct. The path to save a website as an icon on your iOS device Home Screen are to open the website in Safari, tap Share, scroll down to Add to Home Screen, then tap Add after naming the icon.

If you are not seeing that icon, it may be that you are using a different browser other than Safari. The site you are trying to save also may not support that. Check with another website to confirm. Also, this may simply be a bit of unexpected behavior, which can be cleared up by restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone.

You may also wish to save that website in your Safari bookmarks, which will also allow you fast access to it: Bookmark favorite webpages in Safari on iPhone.

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions about this issue, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2021 7:44 PM in response to Bob593251

Hi there, Bob593251! Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are looking to save a website on your iPhone home page. We definitely understand that would handy for a frequently visited site and we'd love to help. The instructions you are following sound correct. The path to save a website as an icon on your iOS device Home Screen are to open the website in Safari, tap Share, scroll down to Add to Home Screen, then tap Add after naming the icon.

If you are not seeing that icon, it may be that you are using a different browser other than Safari. The site you are trying to save also may not support that. Check with another website to confirm. Also, this may simply be a bit of unexpected behavior, which can be cleared up by restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone.

You may also wish to save that website in your Safari bookmarks, which will also allow you fast access to it: Bookmark favorite webpages in Safari on iPhone.

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions about this issue, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

iPhone 11 how to set an icon for a specific website?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.