Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face Time for iPhone 6

My iPhone 6 was purchased in the UAE and at that time all iPhones sold in the UAE did not have Face Time installed. However in looking at iPhone storage it shows Face Time - see attached screen shot. If I am correct the Face Time app is hidden somewhere on my phone, but I can't find it. Is there a way to activate my "hidden Face Time app" or install it from the AppStore - I looked on the AppStore, but couldn't find it.

iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 12:06 AM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2021 8:09 AM in response to 1ssmith

Thank you 1ssmith, but I think you are missing the point.

I stated that my phone was purchased in the UAE (United Arab Emirates) and the link provided by you Find or restore a missing FaceTime app states "FaceTime isn’t available or might not appear on some iPhones and iPads purchased or used in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and United Arab Emirates, including Dubai" and my phone falls into this category. However the puzzling thing is that it shows when I look at iStorage on my phone - as shown in my screen shot. I have headed to Settings and there isn't a FaceTime app on my phone.

The issue: FaceTime was never installed on my phone, so why does it appear in iStorage?

The challenge: on the basis that FaceTime appears in iStorage, can it still be activated on my phone?

Face Time for iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.