Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone reset

Once I have reset the iPhone and it goes to the beginning stage and my sim card was not worked without support sim which is along with sim card inserted in the iPhone.

SO, could you please let me know can i use another sim card in this iPhone ?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 1:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 1:14 AM

Perhaps your iPhone is locked to a different (previous) carrier, and ONLY that carrier can unlock it, if you're eligible.

Follow the steps provided in this support article:--> How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

2 replies

Apr 17, 2021 1:25 AM in response to mbaahir

What I understand from your post is that you had reset your iPhone 6 and are unable to activate the SIM card that is inserted in your iPhone. The message that you may be getting is that "This SIM card is not Supported....".

If you are getting the above error then your iPhone 6 is locked to another carrier. Did you initially buy your iPhone secondhand? If YES and if you are able to contact the original seller then do so and ask them about the carrier that the iPhone is locked to. Take things ahead from there.

Axel F.

iPhone reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.