Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my ipad mini 2 but suddenly i need to puta apple id of the past owner and then i ask her password because i cant activate my ipad but unfortunately she cabt remember it now because she bought it in 2nd hand only ..what should i do ??

I updated my ipad mini 2 but suddenly i need to puta apple id of the past owner and then i ask her password because i cant activate my ipad but unfortunately she cant remember it no w because she bought it 2nd hand only ...i already sign in my icloud on my ipad but the past owner link their aople id on find my iphone..what should i do?

iPad mini, iOS 10

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 2:19 AM

If you are talking about "activation lock" (an anti-theft measure), neither we, just users like you, nor Apple can help you, sorry, unless you are the original owner and you still have the proof of purchase (receipt/invoice reporting your device’s IMEI or Serial Number). Should be this case, start your request using this link: https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

Shouldn’t be this case, activation lock can be removed only by the previous owner, with the credentials that were used to activate that iPhone/iPad. Without those credentials, that device is useless to you.

You can also take a look at this support article:--> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2021 2:19 AM in response to jamielyn178

If you are talking about "activation lock" (an anti-theft measure), neither we, just users like you, nor Apple can help you, sorry, unless you are the original owner and you still have the proof of purchase (receipt/invoice reporting your device’s IMEI or Serial Number). Should be this case, start your request using this link: https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

Shouldn’t be this case, activation lock can be removed only by the previous owner, with the credentials that were used to activate that iPhone/iPad. Without those credentials, that device is useless to you.

You can also take a look at this support article:--> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

I updated my ipad mini 2 but suddenly i need to puta apple id of the past owner and then i ask her password because i cant activate my ipad but unfortunately she cabt remember it now because she bought it in 2nd hand only ..what should i do ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.