Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come I need to double click emoji's.

When I want to type a emoji on my mac to do that I need to press fn than it brings up this screen then I need to double tap on the emoji. Why can't I just do a single tap?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 8:07 AM

Because the characters displayed by the Emojis and Symbols panel (character viewer) require double-clicks to insert into documents (or this editor) — unlike the emojis shown in Messages which insert with a single-click because Apple has programmed Messages application to allow single-click insertion of Emoji characters.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2021 8:07 AM in response to maximus289

Because the characters displayed by the Emojis and Symbols panel (character viewer) require double-clicks to insert into documents (or this editor) — unlike the emojis shown in Messages which insert with a single-click because Apple has programmed Messages application to allow single-click insertion of Emoji characters.

How come I need to double click emoji's.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.