You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS emoji keyboard similar to iOS emoji keyboard

Greetings. When messaging w/ macOS "Messages app", how-to enable option similar to iOS emoji keyboard?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 6:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 8:19 AM

You can send requests to Apple here: Feedback - macOS - Apple

7 replies

Nov 22, 2022 8:42 AM in response to PRP_53

I understand. It was less of an annoyance when I had a MacBook with the Touch Bar but if you don't have the Touch Bar and you want to utilize the emojis when typing messages to friends on macOS in any fashion it is not just as easy as typing :-) and it offering to convert to an emoji. I understand if you think about it in a convoluted manner it could be difficult to add the feature however, it literally can't be that difficult if you simply allow, toggling the feature on and off. For instance, say, I am messaging a friend I can enable that keyboard it would recognize what I'm typing, suggest which ever emoji I am after and when I'm done, I can disable it then it won't mess with spotlight, search or whatever else you're pondering it could potentially cause problems with, but that is just what my minimal non-programming brain is trying to convey..

Anyway, I truly appreciate you listening and I hope you're well

MacOS emoji keyboard similar to iOS emoji keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.