Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot login to mail with icloud account

trying to login to mail with my icloud account. i get to this screen, however when i click add account nothing happens. if i hit cancel nothing happens. if i click quit nothing happens. if i try to restart my macbook i am told that mail is preventing the os from shutting down.

once i get to this screen the only thing i am able to do is force quit mail.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 11:53 AM

Hello,

Hello,

Sign out of iCloud, reboot your devices, and sign in again.

Sign out of your Apple ID and iCloud, then restart your device and try syncing again.

When you do this, you temporarily lose access to all your iCloud content. It doesn’t get deleted, it’s still stored on Apple’s servers, but you need to wait for your device to sign in and sync again before you can see it.

Syncing data to and from iCloud takes a long time. Sometimes it takes several days. If you’ve followed all the steps above, make sure you allow plenty of time for your content to upload to iCloud and become available on all your devices.

You can sometimes help the process by opening the apps you want to sync iCloud with and leaving them open on your device. I recently had to do this to force Notes to download my content from iCloud — it didn’t seem to want to do it alone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2021 11:53 AM in response to ausername777

Hello,

Hello,

Sign out of iCloud, reboot your devices, and sign in again.

Sign out of your Apple ID and iCloud, then restart your device and try syncing again.

When you do this, you temporarily lose access to all your iCloud content. It doesn’t get deleted, it’s still stored on Apple’s servers, but you need to wait for your device to sign in and sync again before you can see it.

Syncing data to and from iCloud takes a long time. Sometimes it takes several days. If you’ve followed all the steps above, make sure you allow plenty of time for your content to upload to iCloud and become available on all your devices.

You can sometimes help the process by opening the apps you want to sync iCloud with and leaving them open on your device. I recently had to do this to force Notes to download my content from iCloud — it didn’t seem to want to do it alone.

Apr 17, 2021 11:25 AM in response to ausername777

alright so i dug around in my settings and went into my apple id settings and saw mail was unchecked. it was a eureka moment and i was like "oh ok i just need to make an icloud email, duh" except when i try to create said email nothing happens again. i put my name that i want, click ok, and then i get a quick spinning wheel to the left of ok, then nothing. nothing happens. am i being punked?

cannot login to mail with icloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.