Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook not connecting with icloud mail

My MacBook Pro has suddenly dropped the connection with iCloud Mail account. Can send mail although it takes a very long time, but no incoming mail shown in MacMail.

Has worked fine for years until recently.

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 3:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 6:36 AM

washishu wrote:

My MacBook Pro has suddenly dropped the connection with iCloud Mail account. Can send mail although it takes a very long time, but no incoming mail shown in MacMail.

I see no current issues on the mail server:

https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

You can see if the Connection Doctor reveals any insight:

Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

If you continue to have an issue, you can try logging out of iCloud mail and back in again.

If no resolve mail issues typically can be resolved by deleting the mail account and setting it back up:

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

ref:

Mail server settings for iCloud email clients

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2021 6:36 AM in response to washishu

washishu wrote:

I see no current issues on the mail server:

https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

You can see if the Connection Doctor reveals any insight:

Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

If you continue to have an issue, you can try logging out of iCloud mail and back in again.

If no resolve mail issues typically can be resolved by deleting the mail account and setting it back up:

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

ref:

Mail server settings for iCloud email clients

Sep 9, 2021 8:39 AM in response to washishu

washishu wrote:

Thanks for responding. Bizarrely, it rectified itself without any intervention from me whilst I was online chatting with Apple Support. For two weeks it was out (no incoming at all; four minutes to send a simple two paragraph text only e-mail), and it rights itself when I contact Supporrt. Spooky.

Ha ha —good computing washishu !

Two weeks is a long time, you must have the patience of a Saint !

macbook not connecting with icloud mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.