Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting an Ipad linked to someone else's Apple ID

I was given an Ipad through my employer that was previously used by a former employee. The former employee has the ipad linked to her apple ID and I nor my employer have any up to date contact information for the former employee which means we have no way to reach out the her to request the log in information needed to access this Ipad. I need to reset this Ipad to factory settings and disconnect it from her Apple ID so that I can sign it into mine and use it for work. What are my options? How can I get access to this Ipad. Without being able to bypass or reset the Apple ID associated with the Ipad its effectively useless to me and my employer and becomes a rather expensive paper weight. Please let me know what I can do to access this Ipad. Thank you.

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 4:32 PM

There is nothing that can be done. Your iPad is indeed a paperweight.

If your employer has proof-of-original-purchase documentation, they can start an Activation Lock Support Request as shown here.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Resetting an Ipad linked to someone else's Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.