Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m searching for Files app Settings. Search cannot find anything for Files app

When I enter System Settings and use the Search function at the top of the page shouldn’t the result be Files’ settings?

On both my iPhone and iPad Search cannot find Files’ Settings pane.

(yes, the Files app is installed on both devices.)

My results, iPhone then iPad, resp.—

to prove Files app is install on each device:

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 1:35 AM

The Files App of itself doesn’t have any configurable settings - as such you will not find a specific section for the Files App in your device settings.

However, for other Apps that request access to the Files App, you can allow/disallow access to the Files App using the Privacy settings. For example, for the iPad from which I draft this reply, I see the following:

Note the explanation that appears in small grey type below the bottom entry; “Applications that have requested access to files and folders will appear here”.

As such, on the basis of information and screenshots that you provide, I can only conclude that you iPad and other devices are operating precisely as expected - and you are anticipating problem that doesn’t exist.

I hope this information and insight provides helpful clarity.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2021 1:35 AM in response to stephen.ph

The Files App of itself doesn’t have any configurable settings - as such you will not find a specific section for the Files App in your device settings.

However, for other Apps that request access to the Files App, you can allow/disallow access to the Files App using the Privacy settings. For example, for the iPad from which I draft this reply, I see the following:

Note the explanation that appears in small grey type below the bottom entry; “Applications that have requested access to files and folders will appear here”.

As such, on the basis of information and screenshots that you provide, I can only conclude that you iPad and other devices are operating precisely as expected - and you are anticipating problem that doesn’t exist.

I hope this information and insight provides helpful clarity.

I’m searching for Files app Settings. Search cannot find anything for Files app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.