Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to see "files" in finder when iPhone is connected to my macbook pro

I am unable to find "files" tab when my iphone is connected to my macbook pro, if i use 3rd party app like iMazing then I am able to see all the iphone app file on my macbook pro.

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 7:42 AM

paresh90 wrote:

"iMazing." is a 3rd party paid application, apple products should work seamlessly together,

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.6

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Update your iDevice  - The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, is iOS 16.0.2

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 7:42 AM in response to paresh90

paresh90 wrote:

"iMazing." is a 3rd party paid application, apple products should work seamlessly together,

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.6

Update your iDevice  - The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, is iOS 16.0.2

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Sep 28, 2022 7:29 AM in response to paresh90

paresh90 wrote:

I am unable to find "files" tab when my iphone is connected to my macbook pro, if i use 3rd party app like iMazing then I am able to see all the iphone app file on my macbook pro.

Well, I would use what works...

Third party apps are designed to pickup where Apple leaves off. I have heard very good reports on your "iMazing."

submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

You can always call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753) if you think it should be differnt.

or on line Apple Support

Unable to see "files" in finder when iPhone is connected to my macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.