You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weak WiFi security.

However my wife using same router she is fine, so therefore my IPhone causing this , not the router. I tried to modify my phone for that wifi , couldn’t find a place to change WPA/WPA2 (TKIP) —> to WPA2 (AES) or to WAP3 , as mentioned in the security from Apple memo. Please any help !

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 12:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 2:55 AM

Okay, this is why it shows on my IPhone IOS 14 and not on my wife’s IPhone IOS 12 . So probably I will ignore it for the time being, till I update my Router. Thank you for your time and for your help.

Best Regards.

EGN

4 replies

Apr 18, 2021 12:34 AM in response to enahas

Your iPhone is not "causing" this, it is notifying you that your Wi-Fi network has weak security.

If you want to enhance the security of your access point/router and it does not support WPA2 (AES) or WPA3, you would need to purchase a new Wi-Fi access point/router.

The message is only informational; it does not affect usage of the network in any way, it's just letting you know the security is weak.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Weak WiFi security.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.