Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 13 wifi connection says it’s “weak security”.

My wifi connection says it’s “weak security”. It’s currently WPA2 (TKIP). It suggests that I configure my router to WPA2 (AES) or WPA3

How do I do that??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 10:02 AM

The exact steps vary by router brand/model. If you don't have instructions for your router, do an internet search for that brand/model or if your router is supplied by your Internet service provide, check their website or their customer support. Unless the router is quite new it may not have the WPA3 setting but it should have the AES setting for WPA2.

Also see: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2023 10:02 AM in response to Estroman

The exact steps vary by router brand/model. If you don't have instructions for your router, do an internet search for that brand/model or if your router is supplied by your Internet service provide, check their website or their customer support. Unless the router is quite new it may not have the WPA3 setting but it should have the AES setting for WPA2.

Also see: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

My iPhone 13 wifi connection says it’s “weak security”.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.