Iphone 13 weak security

My iphone 13 just started showing weak security when connected to my home internet network. It says it is the connection security is WEP but my computer shows the router connection is WPA2 -personal. Both are using wireless connections. My iphone update is iOS 17.0.3

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 1:25 PM

To eliminate the weak security warning, change the security settings on your router to WPA3 or to WPA2 AES. How you do that varies by router. If you don't have the instructions for your router, do an internet search for instructions for your router brand/model or if your router is supplied by your internet service provider, check their website or customer support. Also see: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2023 1:25 PM in response to Wgregor1

To eliminate the weak security warning, change the security settings on your router to WPA3 or to WPA2 AES. How you do that varies by router. If you don't have the instructions for your router, do an internet search for instructions for your router brand/model or if your router is supplied by your internet service provider, check their website or customer support. Also see: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Iphone 13 weak security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.